- Pertaining to cats.
- Enzymatic decomposition and utililization of foodstuffs by microbes, as occurs in the large intestine and the forestomachs of ruminants.
- An iron storage protein found in essentially all lifeforms.
- Fusion between sperm and egg to generate a new organism.
- Gas produced in the large intestine and expelled through the anus.
- follicle-stimulating hormone
- A glycoprotein hormone secreted from the anterior pituitary gland that controls several aspects of reproductive function.
- free radical
- An atom or group of atoms having an unpaired electron. Also referred to simply as a radical.
Last updated on 10/2/2004